Thursday 20 January 2011

A very large cup!

Hi,
with such a large collection of pottery I am constantly dusting whenever I move an item, the dust problem is compounded because I have a coal fire....oh well. Whilst dusting and making room yesterday I came across this huge cup (I wonder did anyone actually drink from it?) and inside were these two smaller cups. One is clearly marked and dates from around 1889 onwards whilst the other more delicate cup is only marked on the saucer...anyone know what it is?
I shall keep posting pictures of my collection, you never know feedback may happen, its a large world out there and I would like to hear from anyone who can fill in the (large) gaps in my knowledge. Yesterday I had two visitors from the USA so a big hello to all my colonial cousins out there...keep popping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment