Wednesday 19 January 2011

Cave Memorial School Preston Lancashire

Pottery with a local interest has always fascinated me and even more so if its from a town that I've lived in and one of those was Preston. This cup was produced to promote the Cave memorial school bazaar in 1895, now I have no idea where the Cave memorial school was but this is still an excellent piece. The pot was made (or sold) by Gibson Howorth at 13 Fishergate Preston which is printed on the base. Any keen local historian would have a field day with all the information on this little cup! As a bonus the picture on it is probably the parish priest or the head teacher.

If anyone has any information on the Cave school I would be very grateful as some background would add a life to this cup from my old home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment